Sunday, January 25, 2009

Well...

So not a whole lot new going on over here, hence the lack of news from me. The job is good I guess, at least they're still paying me anyway. Between school, work, and the pathetic social life I have its been pretty hard to find time to get on here and check up on everyone, not to mention adding some of my own writings. Can't really complain though, school seems to be going okay, I really think that if I actually apply myself and study a little bit I should get A's in all my classes. Church is going okay and there actually seem to be a few normal people in my ward, that or I'm changing and becoming like them which I suppose is a serious possibility but highly unlikely after considering what kind of a person I am.
Just so everyone knows...I haven't even been on a date in like a month and things aren't looking up as far as that goes. I did manage to talk to some pretty girls at church today but don't even really know how to ask someone out so I doubt that will go anywhere. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really looking forward to that girl who is on her mission to get home. I was thinking the other day that I'm not quite sure why we, as a civilization, ever stopped the practice of arranged marriages!? I mean think about it, unless your parents had no sense of who you were or they just had horrible taste, things would work out pretty good. I like to think that Mom and Dad would find me a hottie who would suit me just fine, and then there would be none of this awkward dating business at all. How sweet would that be? But since we cut that out I guess I'll just have to do something someday and somehow get a girlfriend....

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about the whole arranged marriage idea. I'm pretty sure you have to be able to put up with people in order to make a lifelong commitment, not to mention the whole eternity thing. I mean yeah it could work but probably not for me. You (Tom) on the other hand, are probably more righteous and selfless than I am so it could possibly work for you. I don't think I would trust Mom and Dad's judgment for a wife however. I mean think about it. I really have no idea what kind of girl Mom would pick, but I wouldn't be willing to risk it. Dad on the other hand, is more predictable. He'd find a girl whose dad had access to some sort of sweet hunting somewhere, which at first thought wouldn't be that bad, until you imagine the girl-- buck toothed, 160lbs and can take a piss while standing up straight. You're better off dating. Just grow a pair and ask some girls out. All it takes some confidence and if you lack that, just look at all the losers around you and you should be fine. Besides if you get rejected all means is you're back where you were before you asked. (A good wing man helps too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll take exception to what Jeff said. Reading between the lines I got the impression that he thinks I went for "the beauty of the inner spirit" as an attractrant for marriage, and I'm really a lot more shallow than that. I have a firm belief that to have longevity in a marriage you've got to have a pretty strong physical attraction, and I personally wasn't too interested in someone who had more hair on her chest than I did. Jeff did get the part right about the ideal wife would be someone that is going to inherit a 200,000 acre ranch in Wyoming...but she'd also need to be built somewhat along the lines of Brooke Burke. The physical attraction fades somewhat as your marriage progresses, but for the first few years all you do is hump like rabbits, so make sure you don't marry someone you can't stand to look at when you wake up in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would do a good job at picking a wife for any of my boys. I of course would want them to be pretty (so my grandkids wouldn't look like dorks), spiritual, witty, and fun to be around. I wouldn't want them to start out overweight, it happens easily enought after bearing children. Anyway, have some confidence Tom and ask anyone out you want. They will probably say yes.

    ReplyDelete