Thursday, July 30, 2009

Okay...

So it's been a really long time since I've posted on here and a lot has actually happened. Thanks for updating the pictures and site Laurie, I think it looks good...though I feel like I've lost some weight since that picture of Janna and me was taken (in case anyone cares, that was our first date...kind of, she still had a boyfriend). Anyway just to kind of catch everyone up and get us all on the same page, Janna and I have been dating for a few months now. She is actually the sister of one of my mission friends (see Donald the blessings of a mission are still coming in 18 months after the fact). Janna is a really special and cool girl...though she is pretty hippie like. She has a bachelor's in psychology from Utah State and yeah she's pretty special. There has been some talk of marriage but there's no need to get ahead of ourselves and start making plans for plane tickets to Utah for the wedding, there still is no ring on the finger. ....but really I'm going to marry her, I just need to come up with the ring.
Its also been a really long time since I was home so I've decided to come home from the 19-23 of August to see everyone and introduce Janna to you guys. I've heard that Laurie might come down and that Jeff and Breein might also; that would be awesome! The last time I was home was Christmas and that was only for like 3 days. The last time I actually saw anyone was at Sophie's baby blessing, well apart from going to lunch with Steph once and when Jeff passed through Phoenix. Oh yeah, if anyone didn't know I'm living down here in Phoenix right now too. Blake Vogt got me a job with him renovating hotels. I've been down here since June 30th and it is so hot! The other day it got up to 117 degrees and it only cools off to like 95 at night...its horrible.
Last Saturday I had a triathlon too. It was the Spudman in Burley Idaho. I went up there with Janna and her family, who were also doing the race. It was a lot of fun and I want to do it again next year but honestly I wasn't physically prepared. Because I had hurt my knee I hadn't run in a long time and I let that affect the rest of my training...I basically did sporadic training for about a month to prepare for it! Stupid idea... Anyway, the race went a lot better than I thought it would until mile 3 of the 6.2 mile run when I suddenly started cramping in my lower quads. The cramping got bad enough by mile 4 that I couldn't even walk. I would stop every half mile or so and stretch until the cramps went away then run til they came again....it really sucked. It was fun though. I'm planning on doing another race the very last weekend of August at Bear Lake. That tri is only going to be a sprint though so it shouldn't be so bad.
Well I think that kind of catches everyone up for while...sorry I haven't been writing very much I'll try to improve.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the updates...it was between that picture and the one of you and Janna after the tri you did a while ago...I thought Janna might appreciate this picture more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janna's really cute...hope we don't scare her away.

    ReplyDelete