Sunday, February 1, 2009

Greetings from Eugene

As Dad mentioned in his last post, I have very limited Internet access.... basically the planets have to align in order for me to get on.  Apparently, they are in alignment right now, because I've actually had time to check my email, read a few posts and start this one... we'll see how long it lasts...

So, not too much going on up here... of course Tom didn't mention us in his post so maybe he doesn't care anyway... but I'll let you know

Leona had her 6 month check up a couple of days ago.  She is doing quite well.  She weighs 15 pounds and a few ounces which puts her in the 50th percentile for her age, her height is 26 1/2 inches which places her in the 85th percentile and her head is still freakishly small at 41 cm, putting her in the 10th percentile.  Hopefully she doesn't grow up to be some sort of pinhead.

Emme went to a birthday party on Saturday and had a great time.  It was the first birthday party that she has been to without us and she really enjoyed that.... I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

Calvin is as wild and crazy as ever.  He is in sunbeams now and enjoys going to primary, although I think if he were given a choice he would go back to the nursery.

Dan is trucking along in school.  This semester he has an externship with one of the top criminal judges in Lane County, so three times a week he gets to hang out at the court house listening to arraignments and filling out paper work.  Tomorrow the judge will be starting proceedings for a big case that he will get to sit in on.  It should be pretty interesting because he will be able to watch it from jury selection throughout the trial.  If it weren't such a yucky case, I think he would be pretty excited about it.

I have been running a fair amount and found that the longer and farther I run, the better I feel about myself.  In addition, Calvin & Leona seem to enjoy the runs which makes it a good thing for everyone.

So, that's it... life in Eugene for the Higgins' clan.  You are now officially informed (and maybe a bit bored)...

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for the update. I feel my roll in this blog is to comment on other posts not so much to post my self. (I'll leave the updates to Breein- Tom really should be kept in the loop about his kid.) So Sophie will probably outweigh Leona soon it sounds. I've decided we will introduce her to the Sumo circuit in a few years. The ped. said at the rate she's going, she'll be a little Budda baby. (Must come from their side of the family. Don't worry Tom it's not your fault.) ;)
    p.s. for those of you who are not intelligent this was a comment by Jeff

    ReplyDelete