Thursday, August 27, 2009

School is for Fools

Well just like everyone else (except for Jeff, Breein, Laurie, and the old guys) its back to school again. I started class yesterday and it appears that this just might be the easiest semester of school since Mr. Kellstrom's class in 5th grade. I'm only taking 13 credits this semester and they're all pretty remedial courses. I'm finally taking a college level math class but it still seems beneath me, at least I'll get some credit towards something. In case you don't know last spring I was in a math class that I went to about 4 times and it was so easy that I still got like a 98% in it for my final grade, thank you very much stupid placement tests! So apart from my easy math class this semester, I also have intro to Biology (last spring I was in a much harder biology), intro to criminal justice, and then another CJ class. So really I have no excuse to not pull all A's this semester but we'll see.
I also got all of my school paid for except $265 or so through a federal pell grant and the WUE program. It's all pretty sweet! Next semester I will be a Utah resident and still have money from the grant so next semester is paid for also! So I'm beginning to think that moving out here to Utah was a good idea after all.
Janna had her appendix taken out for anyone who hadn't heard. She was feeling kinda sick all weekend that we were there and then by Monday night it hurt her to even stand straight up. Tuesday we went into the doctor, something we'd been avoiding since she doesn't have health insurance, but they sent here for a ct scan and it turns out that she had appendicitis! Needless to say its been a pretty crappy experience for her. She's really tough though and has really impressed me! Anyway, she's getting better and is recovering well.
That's about all I have for now, good luck guys as you get back into school and I'll talk to you all later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not considering me an "old guy". I'm glad your schooling is pretty much paid for, that's the way to go and good job you working towards a degree, education is so important.

    I hope that Janna is feeling better. Did she not get to take the Mexico trip then? Keep us updated on the wedding plans, have you officially picked a date?

    ReplyDelete