Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Mexico... good or bad?

So I'm not sure who has heard and who hasn't, but the last few months have been an interesting time for the Stewbros Franchise. Corporate KFC has begun doing some pretty intense inspections on all the stores across the nation and has been a serious headache for franchisees such as ourselves. The inspections are set up in a way that make it hard to get a good score if you don't have brand new equipment and buildings. Long story short, we weren't passing, actually failing multiple inspections in a row down in New Mexico-- Matt's neck of the woods. Jon's stores in AZ passed with mediocre scores and McMinnville actually did really well. So the past 4 weeks or so I've been basically cleaning up Matt's mess and getting his stores in shape. And since I've gone down there, they've started passing... yay for me!
So when they asked me how things were going I pretty much told them what I thought of Matt. I mean he's making a solid $20,000 a year more than me in addition to whatever his wife is paying herself and his stores are by far the nastiest places I've ever seen! It's a joke.
Well it looks like I've finally gotten the vote of approval because they've decided to ship us off to New Mexico to manage the area.
It means I get a pretty hefty raise and a $350 monthly allotment for a truck! So we're pretty excited about that. Unfortunately this all has to happen asap. I'm flying back down this weekend and I'll be down there until the 29th. After that we'll load up and make the trek down. (by the way we're looking for someone to help with that protion of the plan). Breein's mom and grandma are coming down to help her pack, but I may need a hand loading the U-haul and making the trip down. Donald? Tom? Dad? Too bad Doug can't drive yet. Or even mom if you wanted to ride with and help Breein drive. If anyone volunteers we can fly you home.
Either way we have a few weeks. I'm thinking we'll try to be out of McMinnville no later than the 1st of September and we'll probably swing through Klamath. But it's definitely going to be a trek. Google says it's about 1550 miles from Klamath. So just about 24 hours of driving... Not quite sure how I want to go about it. A lot depends on the volunteer thing.
Anyway it's late so I need to get to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the promotion. I'm not sure if I can help drive or not. I've actually used more vacation than I'm entitled to. I'll talk to you when we play the Running Y Friday, and maybe we can figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm glad all the hard work you do is finally starting to pay off a bit. I'm not sure that I (along with my 3 kids) would be much help to you guys, but let me know if there is something I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually might be able to help you. Turns out Janna is going down to Mexico that weekend...i think. It is the first week of school but i'll look at my schedule and see if i can make it work. I can't really miss school though, can we make that work?

    ReplyDelete