Friday, April 24, 2009

Marathon?

So I've decided that I'm going to do the Portland Marathon this October. I should have enough time to train for it and I'm thinking it will all work out well with my schedule. I've got my first triathlon on May 23rd just a sprint distance, then I was drawn for the Spudman triathlon on July 25th which is twice as long, and from then on its all training for the marathon.
The real question is, does anyone want to do it with me? I managed to talk Blake Vogt and his wife into doing it with me, Dad's been on the DL and probably won't be able to do it, I think Laurie gave me a no, Jeff said I was crazy, so Donald? Steph will probably have swimming and won't be able to get away or train, and Doug can't run becuase he came out part vretard, actually that's like the middle of football season. So I guess I'm basically just asking Donald, though I don't know if his chest cavity can sustain that kind of intense pressure and exercise.......actually the only way you should be able to get out of this Donald is if you're on your MISSION. Actually, Mom, have you ever thought about doing one? You can walk all you want, they even have a walking category...what do ya say? Anyway regardless I'll be there on Sunday the 4th of October (conference Sunday) running until I can't anymore, hope to see some of you there.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Tom. I went for a little jaunt today (see my blog) and don't think there's much chance. I'd have 4 1/2 months to train for it, but October 4 is only a few days after we get back from elk hunting and I don't anticipate running trails at 8500 feet. Besides that, I seriously don't think my body can handle that much pounding at one time. Laurie's your best bet, unless Doug wants to tough it out.

    ReplyDelete