Thursday, October 1, 2009

Update

Sorry I haven't written for so long...I haven't had anything worth talking about.

Here's a quick update on what's been happening, even though I've talked to most of you so you already know everything that's going on.

First off, my Idaho hunting trip was pretty much a waste. The country was really pretty, but that was about the extent of the enjoyment. We wound up riding/walking/struggling 32 miles from where we parked the horse trailers, and only managed to kill 2 deer (1 small forked horn and 1 medium 3 point). No one killed an elk, though I missed a pretty good bull running through a burned out lodgepole thicket. I managed to have one good wreck with my horses and got run over a little bit, but walked away from the mess in pretty good shape. We saw more people in the Frank Church in 1 week than the TOTAL of the amount of people we've run into in the last 7 years in Blue Lake, so have no intention of doing this trip again. As it stands right now, I think I'm done with Idaho for a couple of years. Oregon has more elk and deer, and is much cheaper.

Doug got a concussion playing against KU last Saturday, and will be out of commission until next Friday. He got knocked out for a few seconds, and had problems speaking for a couple of hours after the game. He doesn't remember much of anything prior to the hit that took him out, so evidently got whacked on pretty good. He's pissed that he can't play tomorrow against Mazama...it's homecoming, and Mazama's defense is set up to guard against a passing offense so Doug would probably do really well. He's been averaging close to 95 yards per game, and leads Henley on tackles also. His coach told your mother that he's by far the best offensive and defensive player on the team...not a bad compliment.

We'll be going deer hunting this weekend, but since we're hunting in the stomping grounds of our local tribe of Lamanites I'm not too optimistic that we'll be doing any shooting. The weather is supposed to be cool and wet so that might help, but I know what few deer the Klamaths have left have been harassed by cougars so the chances of success are slim. Oh well...Doug and I should have a good time anyway.

Congratulations are due to Emme for being such a tough little kid. Broken bones aren't much fun, and from what Laurie said she's doing really well.

That's about it for now...I'll write next week to let you know how our deer hunt goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment