Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Social Life



So Tom and I pretty much haven't had friends since we got married. I fell off the face of the earth and was convinced that everyone had forgotten who I was, until we received an invitation to go "camping" over Memorial Day with some of my friends from college. Camping turned into staying at my friend's grandmother's condo in Mesquite, NV. From there, we were able to travel into Zion National Park on the busiest day of the year and hike Emerald Pools and Angel's Landing! My ego took a hit that day as I panted in the back of the pack for most of the day. Tom was kind enough to stick behind with me. In fact, he even made me slow down and take breaks even though I looked at him, red-faced, and told him I was fine. I guess he is worried about the baby or something. As we hiked out onto the ridge at Angel's Landine (1000 foot drops on both sides!) Tom made sure to stay behind me to watch me hike and make sure I didn't fall. It was on this hike that we were able to capture a picture of the "belly"- something that has remained relatively hidden to the human eye up until this point. Yes, I am now showing! (Sort of). The rest of our trip was spent playing some sand volleyball at the Casa Blanca resort (yes, we snuck in), and hanging out at the house with the 4 other couples playing monopoly the card game (which is pretty fun- and addicting)! It was hard to leave and come back to the reality of work and school, but I believe Tom has found some new motivation in school after getting a 94% on his bio test!!! Woot, woot! And he continues to do well, though he has mentioned that he is looking forward to his short summer break at the end of this month. Speaking of the end of this month, on the 29th we will go in and find out if we need to paint Phyllis's room blue or pink, in preparation for the new little North one.
That's all for now! Laurie, if you wanted to add me as an author on this thing that would be great. If not, it's cool I can continue to pose as Tom.
'Til next time, Love you all!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry Janna, I'll hook you up right away! Good job on the hiking, looks like a great time... very cute belly. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited there was finally a new post! Good to hear about your memorial day! And the second baby is crazy. I am already showing :( We are looking forward to hearing what yours will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and my comment was about Breein, not Janna :/

    ReplyDelete